Thursday, August 23, 2007

Fertilisation Report

Thankfully the embryologist called me at 9.30 a.m so I didnt have time to rip the heads off inncoent people who should have somehow known I was waiting for a life or death call (well in my book anyway).

Anyway of the 6 eggs, 1 wasn't suitable, but the other 5 fertilised! I am pleased to say the least. I know there's still so far to go but we have more than a 100% improvement on last time, which gave us 2 fertilised at this point. My clinic does a day 2 transfer for low numbers of fertilised eggs but if there's more to play with they leave them till day 3. So today we have graduated to the day 3 club...how grown up do I feel?

They will call me again tomorow and let me know how they have progressed. Last time one didnt make it overnight so I am realistic enough to know that they might not all make it but I am hoping that we might have at least 2 for transfer on Saturday.

Ohhh it's all stomach churning stuff...

15 comments:

tryingin2007 said...

oh! I feel your pain. congrats on the increased number of eggs. I'm sending positive thoughts for strong, healthy embies your way. good luck.

Jen said...

That is a big improvement and I am so glad to hear about Saturday's potential, probable transfer! Yay! Here's to at least two embryos!

And yes. Lovely Becks. His voice is rather a turnoff but he doesn't have to talk. Mind you, my hubby jokes we will name our kid Xabi Alonso. Yes, we watch too much soccer. Well, football. :)

ultimatejourney said...

That's so great! I'm really glad you have so many more fertilized than last time. I can't wait to hear how many you get to transfer.

Unknown said...

That is wonderful news Becks!! I'm thrilled for you! :) Hope today now you can relax (yeah right) with good news tomorrow :)

Shelby said...

Yeah! 5 is great!! Here's to hoping they all make it!

Gemini Girl said...

Yeahy! How exciting!

Wishing that your babies are strong and make it through the night!

Kate said...

That's great!!!

Carrie said...

Five is great! Hope you are managing to be calm at this stressful time x

Erin said...

Wow - even though you didn't get as many eggs as you'd hoped for, that is a great fert rate! Can't wait for the next update!

xoxoxo

Sunny Jenny said...

Come on embies! I really hope they keep growing and make fine babies!

Anonymous said...

6 eggs is great. I hope your embryos continue to do well.

RaJen said...

becks! pins and needles over here in Texas for you. First report is good!

Topcat said...

Ohhh, hooray for the Day Three Club!! Good luck so much for the transfer on the weekend, I will be thinking of you!

Sarah said...

oh congratulations, that is a fantastic fertilization rate! wishing you lots of luck for saturday!!!!

One View said...

That's a great improvement from last time and I think 5 is still a great number of embies to work with. I had less on my cycles and still always had at least two to work with. GOOD LUCK!!! Thinking of you.!!