Wednesday, September 05, 2007

She said what?!*

I joined a newly formed club today, it's called the 'Maybe Pregnant Club'. Yes, you read it right, I might be pregnant......what?!!!*

How can anyone be 'Maybe Pregnant'? You either are or your not. To me it's a bit like being alive, you either are or your not.

But it seems I have been awkward yet again and got them scratching their heads at the hospital. The test was inconclusive. They do a more sophisticated version of the pee stick test (no blood tests at my clinic) and there was a really really really faint line. I nearly fell of my chair, I couldn't say much as I was so aware of the aroma I was giving off from the over consumption of wine last night....oops.

She said something was going on as it wouldn't be the trigger shot still in my system and it would either carry on and be ok or would fade away. Apparently 50% of people go on to have a scan from this type of result, I'll take those odds thank you, considering my consultant said we had a 5% chance of IVF working for us.
I asked to keep the test, so I could show you all. By the time I got home, the test line seemed darker. It might not be easy to see but what do you think?


So, the rollercoaster continues and I go back on Monday for a repeat test. If anyone is looking for me over the next 5 days tell please them they'll find me camped in the toilet, overdosing on pregnancy tests, looking for my 'Maybe Baby'.

30 comments:

Portia P said...

I did think it was a bit early to call time on this cycle.

I so hope you're in the right 50%!

Fingers crossed for you my dear

ps: ok for next week - have you had my mails?

Unknown said...

OMG! Hang on to that hope Becks!

ultimatejourney said...

AAAAHHHHH!!!! This is so exciting!

They test you so early it's no wonder it's not conclusive. I hope the lines keep getting darker and darker!

(Oh, and don't worry about the wine. The baby's not actually attached to your blood supply yet.)

JJ said...

HOLY CRAP!!! There is a definite line there....ooooo how hopeful I am for you!

Caro said...

Well a line is good, here's hoping for you.

One View said...

OH MY GOSH......... this is so exciting. YES hang on to that hope..! There is definitely a 2nd line.

Kate said...

I can see it!!

Sunny Jenny said...

Holy Moley! I don't know what to say. I think I would demand a blood test! I can't imagine having to continue waiting! EEEEELKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! I am thinking of you!

Alexa said...

I can EASILY see it. I am so hopeful for you!

Carrie said...

There are two lines, no doubts. Hope it goes all the way. xx

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I hope that you fall on the right side of the stats honey. I am hoping for definitive happy news from you soon! I definitely see the line.

Kelly Hutcheson said...

WOW! What a true roller coaster! I see 2 lines! A 2nd line is a 2nd line! Wish they could do a blood test! Those are conclusive!! Praying and hoping for you!!! 50% are great odds!!

Erin said...

I am hoping you're in the right 50%!! I'm so glad this isn't over for you.

Rachel said...

Wow! I definitely see it. I hope it gets darker and darker!

Anonymous said...

Is there anyway they will do a beta to give you a more conclusive answer?

Holding out hope for you. It isn't over yet!

Changing Expectations said...

This is exciting. They are testing you early so....I am so hoping that this is it for you. Waiting until Monday will be so tough! Hang in there.

Topcat said...

Ohhhh, I am so happy to hear that!! Rollercoaster indeed!

Wow. I can DEFINITELY see a line. :)

Von said...

That is a definite positive. If it becomes a stronger line in the next few days you'll know it's not because of any rogue hcg left in your system from shots.
For what it's worth. I think you are Def Baby not Maybe Baby.
Best stay off the vino.......
Thinking of you.
Von.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mama Bear said...

The plot thickens!! I can't believe they aren't doing a beta--I'm sending you every ounce of positive energy and am hoping that 50% goes up even higher very soon!

Hoping for you!!!

Mony said...

Ahhhh!
Hang on! This ride ain't over! My goodness!

Schatzi said...

Wow! I am excited for the possibility-- 50% is nothing to sneeze at! Oh, I can only imagine how hard the wait will be.

Nearlydawn said...

So hoping this one is your Definately Baby! :)

Tam said...

Oh wow, hoping that that line continues to get darker and that you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!! Praying that this is your miracle sweetie!! It's about time!

Chastity said...

Oh how I hope this works out for you!!!!! I recently had an FET, and I had a similar result...a "maybe pregnant"....waiting those few days is PURE torture!!!

BTW, the blog this links to is not my IF blog...if you're interested: http://sugarandice.blogspot.com

PW Is "frozen".

Gemini Girl said...

I am hoping and praying!!!!!!!!!!!
Please keep me posted!

Waiting Amy said...

That is great! I see that line!

Come on Maybe, turn into a BIG YES!

Wishing you luck!

Christy said...

Congratulations! I will hold a good thought for you!

Leah said...

Oh please, oh please, oh please let this it. I will hold my breath for you until next week. So far, I'm wildly optimistic and envisioning a beautiful baby for you!!

Natalie said...

Here's hoping!!!!!

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

Holy shit!! I can't believe that they didn't do a blood test.

A positive is a positive is a positive. My fingers are crossed that the little embi is thriving in there.