Friday, April 06, 2007

Home alone...with my thoughts

We got up early and my other half went for a run and I cycled alongside him. I figured a gentle bike ride wouldn't do me any harm and it was nice to get some fresh air. My other half then went off to watch his beloved football team so he won't be back till late tonight.

I have mowed the lawn, (that will impress him!) read my book and sat in the conservatory in the sunshine. It has been great.

I have been thinking about our treatment but as my other half and my Mum and Dad have said we are doing all we can, so we can't do anymore and if it doesn't work then we have given it our best shot.

My friend text me this morning and said "Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you. And I do believe there's gonna be a happy ending for you, it must be, because you're such a great, lovely, caring person that more than ever deserves it".....how lucky am I knowing I have people like this in my life?

So tonight, I am going to put my feet up, watch American Idol and sing like no one's listening (cat...get your ear plugs!!)

7 comments:

ultimatejourney said...

I'm glad you're feeling better today. It sounds like you've had a lovely, relaxing day.

We've only "met" recently, but I agree with your friend's sentiments and you're very lucky to have someone so caring in your corner. I hope I'm able to provide even a fraction of that support from my distant perch.

(On a completely unrelated note, I'm glad I'm not the only American Idol fan around these parts.)

Have a nice weekend!

ellie said...

Ok, just catching up on my blogging. The shots and the whole process get easier, and it's all hormones so give yourself a break when you feel strongly about something- chances are your hormones are helping :) I am glad you are feeling better today- having good friends is a blessing- they carries us when we are unable to carry ourselves.

Changing Expectations said...

Becks,

I am glad that you are having a better day. It is nice to know that your friend is so supportive. Good friends are so important.

JJ said...

Glad you had a "gentle" day...another AI fan here=) hehe...
We are all going to be your good friends through this...just hang on tight=)

JW said...

Hi becks, glad you're feeling a bit better, and you never know what will happen, keep the faith!! Hope you sang so loudly the neighbours complained x

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

If it helps in even the least bit, I will keep you in my thoughts as well.

AI is on tonight in my neck of the woods and I can guarantee you that my husband and I will be critiquing each and every contestant, placing odds as to who will survive another week. It is one of the best - yet cheesiest - distractions from fertility woes that I have found!

Sunny Jenny said...

Those thoughts can be a killer! Good luck with your upcoming cycle. :)