Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Who ordered the marching band?

Blimey, my head hurts.

I can't quite work out if its the crappy day at work that has caused it or the injections but the small brass band can just pack up and leave anytime they feel like it. I am even saying 'sshhhh' to the TV.

Bad day at work today, in fact when I read Ultimate Journey's post, I swear my mind was being read. You know those days when everything seems to go wrong and you think 'give me a break'. When every email is bad news and every call is someone with a problem and you just think 'Ahhhhh leave me ALONE!'
My boss did say to me today that I have a really difficult job so I know its not just me feeling frustrated. Still, give me a screaming baby and I'll say goodbye to it for a while with a smile on my face.


One thing my other half and I have been talking about is going away for a break if/when we have the embryo transfer. We'll probably go to Wales, where my Grandma lives and just get lots of sea air, and just relax. Today made me realise that I can't avoid days like today if I'm working, so today has been a positive in that it's made my mind up to take some time out.

Apart from the whinge about work I am feeling fine (emotionally). I have not had any contact with my friend since the pregnancy news, she's a clever cookie and probably realises I need a bit of time to adjust so I'll drop her a text to say hi later in the week.

The Buserelin injections have been fine. My other half commented last night that he thinks I am injecting it too high in my tummy....."no, go for the fat bits" he said......"you what?!*" I said as I delivered a glancing blow to his right temple! I was a bit concerned I had messed things up but I gave the clinic a quick call this morning to check, and it will be fine.

So, anyone got anything for a stinking headache?

12 comments:

ultimatejourney said...

I'm sorry you're having trouble dealing with work too. And I'm sure the headache doesn't help you to feel better about things.

A relaxing trip after your transfer sounds great. I hope everything works out for both the transfer and the time away. Hugs.

Sarah said...

thanks for your comment on my blog. sorry about the work crap. a vacation sounds very much in order! good luck, i'm looking forward to checking back in.

Sunny Jenny said...

no headache advice....but when your ovaries feel like clinking chandeliers -- then I'll have some advice for you!

Anonymous said...

I find supression drugs give me a killer headache. I hope yours goes away soon.

Anonymous said...

I think the buserilin is pretty similar to lupron.

And I.HATE.LUPRON.HEADACHES.

So i am feeling for you. I'm thinking your holiday in Wales sounds fab!

JW said...

Oh the headaches are normal, from the hormones. Mine was a constant dull burning at the back of my skull, only on the left side though! But it shows you're body is responding to the meds if you're feeling something! Hope it doesn't get too bad, and take a panadol if you need to... All hope for you this cycle Becks!!

Nicole said...

Ah, the fun of work, it never stops does it? I wish I had a solution for the headaches. I usually get them when dehydrated, but I don't think that's your problem here. Be well, my friend.

JJ said...

Work headaches are a PAIN--just makes me want to scream! I am sorry you are dealing with that...
Have your other half give you a nice temple massage and fix some hot tea=)

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

This is my first time visiting. I am sorry that work is difficult for you right now. Like you need that when you are going through an IVF cycle.

Supression headaches are the worst, and I wish I knew how to get rid of them.

I wish you all the best with this cycle, and I hope that you are feeling better today.

Changing Expectations said...

The headaches are horrible. Terrible that work has decided to be a pain at the same time. Hope that work starts to cooperate with you and that the headaches clear up. Thinking about you......

Mama Bear said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. :-)

And, I'm sorry to hear that you've got a killer headache, IF stress, all coupled with lots of work stress. Sounds like a get-away after the transfer would be just what the dr ordered.

Best of luck this cycle! I'll be checking in to see how things are going and really hope for the best!

Maya said...

Hey becks!!! Stop worrying about work!! that's not important at the moment. The only thing you should do now is relax!!! No stress!!! have you heard!!!????!!!! This is your friens telling you that so you MUST listen!!!
Love you loads Agent!!! xXx