Monday, April 23, 2007

Please don't rain on my parade


Here is my gorgeous godson with my other half. We went to his 1st birthday party yesterday. He was so happy and friendly and did nothing but smile all afternoon. I hope we get to have a 1st birthday party sometime.....
In about 12 hours we will be at the hospital. I keep thinking that its the first opportunity to fail. They will be checking if the down regulating drugs are working ok. The only thing playing on my mind is that my period has lasted 11 days whilst on the drugs. I knew I would have one but I wasn't told it should last any longer than normal.
I am scared.....
......that the drugs aren't working
......that we can't move onto the next stage
......that the stimulating drugs wont produce any follicles
......that the follicles won't produce any eggs
......that the eggs won't fertilise
......that there won't be any embryos to put back
......that the embryos don't like their new home
......that its a big fat negative
I just want the opportunity to try. Please let us be able to try.


8 comments:

singletracey said...

You stated your worries PERFECTLY! That is exactly how I felt and feel currently. Today I am awaiting test results to see if my number are jumping up the way they need to.. I also worry I will go in for a follie scan and there will be only 7 still in there... UGH.. The worrying never stops does it?!?!?

ultimatejourney said...

He's so precious! I just know you have that same kind of happiness in your future.

I really, really hope everything is going according to plan with your cycle and that you'll get to move ahead with stims, retrievals, etc. I'll be thinking about you and awaiting an update.

Mama Bear said...

Well said...I hope that everything goes well for you and that you're able to move forward. Thinking of you!

Sunny Jenny said...

Got my fingers and toes crossed for you! Good luck and let us know how it all goes!

Anonymous said...

I hope there are nothing but clear skies for you, Becks.

Mony said...

There is so much more to IVF than it just "working or not working". Many, many hurdles to clear along the way, as you say.....follicles, fertilisation, embryos....everything has to be checked off before we even get a chance to try. No wonder it does our heads in!
I hope you clear each hurdle as you face it.

JW said...

This post made me chuckle a bit. I posted almost exactly the same post at about exactly the same stage of my first cycle. Its all normal worries (so they told me at the time). My period also lasted like 11 days or so. Its all fine. Hope it went well for you today, hang in there, you'll be grand. x

Sarah said...

yep, that's pretty much the normal range of fears. also i have heard of other people having strange/long periods.