Monday, May 14, 2007

Five For Fighting

I feel like I should have a named parking space at the hospital at the moment. When I walk into reception and they all turn and smile and say "hi" you know you've been inducted into the fertility hall of fame....well it should be hall of shame considering how much time you have to spend with your lady garden on show!

Today was the latest scan to see how the 5 fighting follies are doing (day 14 of stims....gee I have staying power). Well, the little sweethearts didn't let me down. For those of you who understand all of this mumbojumbo here's the stats:

right follie 1 (fred) - 18 by 16
right follie 2 (frank) - 17 by 16
right follie 3 (felix) - 11 by 8


left follie 1 (francesca) - 16 by 14
left follie 2 (farah) - 14 by 10


(Boys and girls follies kept in separate rooms to avoid premature shenanighans)

My endometrium lining (see I'm learning) is 15mm which Whirlwind Jill said was splendid. Bring it on....something I seem to be good at.


So what's next?

They would like my smaller ones to catch up a little so the plan is I go back in the morning to see how things are brewing. If the bigger ones can't wait another day then I go for retrieval on Thursday, if they can wait, then it will be Friday*

Oh and Jill gave me a picture of my scan - now I know I'm being silly as it only resembles a bad tv screen, but I was so excited to get 'one of those' pictures in my sticky little mitts....maybe one day I will get a proper grown up one.


*Egg retrieval is not 100% certain yet, but things look far more positive than last week.

18 comments:

Carrie said...

I don't understand the figures yet. I'm thinking they sound good though!?

I'm so glad that this could all go ahead. Three cheers for your endometrium. I hope something snuggles up good and proper soon.

As for the picture, not everyone has one of them for their album! It would be nice to think of it beside the "grown up' one.

Gemini Girl said...

Becks- when I went in for sono's almost every morning, mine only showed a few. They ended up retrieving 20 eggs, so many more could pop up! Good luck hun, You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

Mama Bear said...

I love that you named the follies. And, hopefully the girls will be spurred by the "anything you can do I can do better" notion and catch right up to the boys. :-) Come on, ladies!

Hoping that things continue to look up!!

ultimatejourney said...

Hooray for progress! I'm excited to see what tomorrow brings!

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

Not an expert on the details, but it sounds like you finally got some good news.

Please know that my fingers are crossed for you!!

Sarah said...

congrats, everything sounds perfect!! and don't be worried if they have you wait another day, its normal to wait for the means to be closer to 18-20.

lookin good!!!!!!

JJ said...

Im not to the figures and numbers yet either--but as many have said to you--you only need one good egg! And it sounds like the 5 are fighting hard for you--I love all their names!

Yetty said...

the figures sound really good. good luck with the retrieval.

Unknown said...

Thats awesome Becks!! Am keeping your follicles (haha!) in my thoughts :)

Anonymous said...

Great news Becks!

JW said...

Oh Becks, that sounds great. I'm not 100% sure, but I guess the actual measurement is midway between the two numbers for each follie... I love their names, hopefully it will persuade them to behave for their mommy. Not long now, you must be getting so excited, coz I am!! x

Tam said...

Sounds really good, those little follies are getting there girl!! Can't wait to hear how it goes with your retrieval, I'm sure everything will be just fine and all your follies will be perfect, geez you must feel like a pin cushion by now!!

Von said...

Great news. You have four good sized ones there. The 5th should catch up enough to be viable as well.
Very happy for you.

singletracey said...

OHHHH good news Becks! The other are going to catch up I just know it! YEAH!!!!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

That is awesome news!! Too funny that you named them. I wish you all the luck in the world Sweetie.

Baby Blues said...

Sounds good to me! As I once told Sara, it's not the quantity but the quality. On her last IVF, they only harvested and fertilized two eggs, and now she's pregnant. Praying that this cycle would be your turn.

I got your postcard in the mail today. Thanks Becks!

Jen said...

That is fabulous news! My fingers are crossed that Friday will be your day, if nothing else for the great alliteration you have... Follicles Fred, Frank, Felix, Francesca and Farah on Friday.

Thank you for your words of encouragement as well about my tubes. As it looks now, I may not have to have them removed!

I wish you all the best!

One View said...

So glad things are looking better for you. Great news on your lining.. :) :) Hope those little ones catch up and you have lots of eggies to retreive. Good luck to you.. :) :)