Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Here goes everything

Scan 156 at the hospital today, well at least it felt like it.

Everything is ready to roll. No more worries about cancellations, the head rest is locked securely in place, countdown has begun and we can't get off this rollercoaster now...and as you know I am not a fan of rollercoasters, but this one I am willing to ride.

Here are the latest stats:


right follie 1 (fred) - was 18 by 16 now 26 by 18
right follie 2 (frank) - was 17 by 16 now 19 by 20
right follie 3 (felix) - was 11 by 8 now 10 (?*!) by 9
little right gatecrasher - 9 by 5

left follie 1 (francesca) - was 16 by 14 now 18 by 15
left follie 2 (farah) - was 14 by 10 17 by 13
little left gatecrasher - 8 by 8

So tonight I have triggered and retrieval is scheduled for 7.15 a.m. on Thursday. Whirlwind Jill kept saying that I need to keep in mind that there might not be any eggs, that the eggs might not be suitable for ICSI, that the eggs might not fertilise and that there might not be any embryos to put back, oh and we don't think there will be any freezing options afterwards...but do you know what? at this point I will take even the smallest of odds.

Mr A's secretary called me today too (after I text with an update) and she is going to let him know I am scheduled in for Thursday....I feel like a V.I.P!

Will try to update after retrieval...but for now I am closing my eyes, standing on the edge and stepping out......

12 comments:

JJ said...

OH YAY!!! Great news my dear! They are fitting for you, and it looks great and good to go! I will be thinking of you for sure--and you are a VIP! Sending you lots of GOOD vibes! HUGS!!

Mama Bear said...

Hooray! SO glad they continued to grow and you're good to go for the retrieval! Will be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed!

Kate said...

Good luck! I'll be adding to the good vibes that are being sent your way! :)

ultimatejourney said...

I couldn't be more excited for you! I know it's scary, but you can't win if you don't play the game. I'll be thinking of you and anxiously awaiting the update :)

es said...

good luck good luck!!

Laura, the (reluctant) baroness said...

How exciting! They are fighters! Here's to you and your follies. We all have to step off a cliff sometime, and I hope you have a soft and happy landing.

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Horray! Good luck to you! I so hope that your retrieval goes smoothly. Sending you a hug!

underdog said...

cheering you on from good 'ol Houston, Texas. ~ RaJen

Unknown said...

Sorry but Whirlwind Jill needs to keep her thoughts to herself! Best of luck Becks!

Unknown said...

Oh how exciting!!! I was a poor responder so I know how you were feeling when it was all up in the air about cancelling or not! I hope you get plenty of eggies. Have they told you what your E2 number is? Just curious. Good luck good luck good luck! I've got everything crossed for you until Thursday!

Caro said...

good luck!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, i feel so behind! I love that you named the follicles. They are great sizes!

Woohoo! Good luck on ER tomorrow!