Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My man

I survived....the first stim injection was last night. After a lot of furrowed brows, shaking of heads and bottles, mixing powders and liquids, syringes doing things of their own accord, we eventually got through it. It took us 40 mins!!! I decided to inject in my leg to give my bruised tummy a break. It may have been beginners luck but it didn't hurt at all when I injected, just ached a little afterwards. When should I start to notice a reaction from the drugs? Anyway, one down, a few to go.

Thanks for all the comments. They got me thinking about my Other Half and what he is going through.....

We got together nearly 4 years ago now and the night we met I was not in the slightest bit interested in him romantically. That night, it felt safe to ask him questions about his life because the answer wouldn't affect me. So when I asked him if he wanted children and he said "No", it really didn't register with me. You see, without embarrassing him too much (because he will read this) he's read the book and got the t-shirt. He is a few years older than me and has two gorgeous daughters (24 & 20) from his first marriage.

Back to the story....

We already knew of each others names through work, so it was no surprise when he called me 2 days later to ask if I would like to go out for dinner. He was a 'Big Cheese' at work so the devil in me thought it would be an adventure to have just one dinner, I was single so there was nothing to lose.

I can honestly say that dinner date changed my life, I fell in love with him that night, and I was gobsmacked that I felt that way. The good news was the feeling was mutual.

The past 3 years or so have been tough at times, its not been all hearts and flowers and we have had more than our share of ups and downs. But something seem to click last year, we bought our first house together and on Christmas Day last year he proposed to me. How good is that? The wedding is next February....unless we have to postpone because of a fabulous excuse.

You may wonder how he went from not wanting anymore children to then being prepared to go through the stress of IVF. I guess only he can answer that, but I know he wouldn't be doing it it if wasn't for me. I mean that in a nice way, he is doing this because he loves me and he now wants this to work as much as I do.

So honey, before the madness takes over, and we forget where we have come from, I just want to say thank you.... thank you for doing this for 'us', and thank you for asking me to marry you. I love you MLL x

11 comments:

singletracey said...

So glad that the first day of stims went well!!! The first day of my stims it took me forever too.. I was so nervous I would
screw the mixing up! HAHA

What a sweet story and I wish you both much luck and a BFP first time out!

Mama Bear said...

That's such a sweet story. I hope you have a fabulous excuse to postpone the feb. wedding, too. :-)

Nicole said...

That was absolutely lovely. I am so glad you have a good one to take this journey with.

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Wishing you and your hubby so much luck this time around. I hope that you have a wonderful reason to postpone that February wedding too!!

es said...

My first day of stims took about a half hour... and I had no mixing to do! It was one of those multi-dose pens. Still, I was so nervous and read and re-read the instructions a billion times.

Unknown said...

That is such a nice post! Your husband is also lucky to have you :) Heres to supporting husbands!

Jen said...

it really is incredible what we put ourselves through for the sake of a baby (re: the stims) ~ and just wanted to say how nice it is to hear your story of love and appreciation for the partner ~ they don't always get the props they deserve in this process... good luck!

Anonymous said...

I wish you both all the luck in the world with this cycle.

Sarah said...

how lovely! a nice reminder of what marriage should be about. loving each other enough that their struggles become your own and you will fight for your partner's greatest desires.

JJ said...

YAY glad it is going well! Sounds like you have quite the "other half!" That makes this process SO much more bearable! Thinking of you!

Kir said...

so glad your first day of stims went well. (I need all the good injection stories I can get..HA)

and that story about your hubby was just so sweet. I join the crowd, wishing you a very wonderful excuse to postpone that wedding.

(thanks for the kind words on my blog, I will be following your journey now too)