Monday, September 24, 2007

Yep, still here.....

It's been a while since I posted so thought I would update on how things are going.

I'm feeling much better, I think the daily crying stopped about a week and a half ago. I have started to think about other things and get a bit of my life back to normal.

I have kept myself busy with plans for our wedding. I have sorted the wedding cars, the flowers, the DVD man, the cake, so with everything else I had previously done, we are nearly ready to roll. I've started feeling excited about the day which I thought I might struggle. At first I couldn't get it out of my head that we were going ahead with the wedding because we failed at IVF #1 and #2, its hard to think of your wedding as second best but that's what I felt about it. I am in a much better place now and really can't wait till the big day. Oh, and we've booked our honeymoon....we're going to New Zealand for 3 and a half weeks, I'm so excited.

I also saw Mr A just over a week ago, to summarise this is the letter he sent me after the appointment:

Dear Becks,

It was a great pleasure to see you in my clinic today. You came through on 6 ampoules of Menopur and did really well. We got 6 eggs of which 5 were mature and injected and all 5 fertilised. 3 divided and 2 good quality embryos were transferred. The pregnancy test was initially faintly positive, but then turned negative. This is obviously a much better treatment cycle and I was encouraged by it and would now give you a 5 to 10 % chance per treatment cycle (previously 5%).....

So, he was happy with how things went and we have decided to try again as soon as possible, which hopefully means we can squeeze IVF #3 in before Christmas.

I also had the great pleasure of meeting up with Portia P (Desperate to Multiply) the other week. I had this idea in my head of what she was like......'an american blonde' and guess what? she's a gorgeous english brunette!! It was great to meet up and it was the first time I had met anyone that understood what it was like to walk in these uncomfortable shoes.....I could have talked all day.

Finally, a massive congratulations to Erin and Leah. I am so thrilled for you girls and I hope that the DHEA was the magic ingredient!

15 comments:

Kate said...

Good to hear that you are feeling better! I think that New Zealand sounds like so much fun.

Mary Ellen said...

I am glad that you are doing better. So exciting that you will be starting again soon my love. Thinking of you.

singletracey said...

oh becks! I have been worried about you and thinking of you. I am glad to see that you are doing better. Maybe we will be cycle sisters!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling better. I hope that DHEA is the magic pill for many of us.

Von said...

Becks, lovely to hear you are doing ok. I was wondering and worrying about you.
Really glad to hear you are working through things and in a better place. But then there's nothing like organising a wedding for that. Love weddings.........
New Zealand is a beautiful place. You'll have a wonderful time.
XXXXXXXXXX

Sunny Jenny said...

Hey Becks! Glad to see you're moving on. New Zealand sounds fantastic!

Jen said...

Glad to hear you are feeling much better!

ultimatejourney said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Your wedding and honeymoon sound very exciting!

I'm glad you won't have to wait too long to start another cycle, and I'm very happy that your treatment cycles are improving.

One View said...

Good to hear from you. I've been checking on your blog to see how you are doing. I'm glad that you are doing better. I know this whole process is emotionally draining and hard. But glad you have your wedding to keep your mind off of things. And that's great your cycles are improving.

My friends just went to New Zealand this year and they told me its beautiful. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Carrie said...

I was just thinking about you and then you posted. I know it sounds lame but it is true.

I'm sorry you've been through such a hard time. I'm glad you are able to look forward once again. It isn't easy to turn it around. I'm contemplating a cycle before Christmas too. Maybe we can succeed together?

JJ said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better--i know how hard the time of healing is. I have been thinking about you!
Enjoy your wedding planning--so exciting!

Natalie said...

I think it's nice he sent you a letter and it was a bit encouraging in that doctorly way:-)

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

I am glad that you have something positive to focus on - planning a wedding is lots of work!

I know it is not much consolation, but at least the cycle helped to refine the protocol you will use next time.

XOXO

Gemini Girl said...

Hey Becks- just wanted you to know that my thoughts are with you during this time. I hope you are feeling a bit better.

Sarah said...

congratulations on the wedding and honeymoon plans! it's great to be able to put those things first and not let infertility steal their glory. they are their own special and wonderful events...hopefully just the first of many you two will have together!