Monday, October 15, 2007

About time....

......I posted an update.

Things have been really hectic, mainly with the weddings plans, my sister and I are wondering what on earth we'll do when it is over. I am itching to share some of the details with you, but too many people who will be there on the day read this, so I'll just have to promise to bore you with the photos afterwards.

I've also been doing a bit of exercise, I've been running for the last couple of weeks. I got stuck in the downward spiral of wanting to lose weight for the wedding but knowing I shouldn't really exercise because of trying to have a baby. Well, I decided that I wasn't going to have everything denied so I got my trainers on and hit the road. I've really enjoyed it, and the feeling of being back in control certainly helps. I will stop exercising when IVF # 3 comes around.

Talking of IVF #3......we're ready to go again. We decided to try again before Christmas, then if it doesn't work we'll wait till after the honeymoon. So, I start down regulating on October 29th...it has come round really quickly. Starting again fills me with dread, I hit a massive low after the last failure and it took me a while to get back to my old self and it scares me to think I might have to go there again. Still, no pain, no gain...but please let the gain come sometime.

I had a stressful incident at work last week. One of my colleagues said she had some gossip for me, then later showed me her blackberry which had a email announcing that one of our colleagues wives was pregnant. What's wrong with that you might say? Well she knew we had a failed IVF and it just felt insensitive. After a moan about it to my other half, I put it out of my mind as I thought that it was just clumsy. When I arrived in work the next day, she had forwarded the email to everyone, including me, she named it 'Nappy News'. Did she think I would have forgotten about it overnight? I was mad, so I sent her a (what I think was a subtle) response saying "If only it was that easy". I thought it might just remind her of what I had been through. What did I get back? Nothing. Well at least I felt better for saying something.

We're also going on holiday in 3 weeks, we're going to a spanish island for a 2 week break. The 2nd week, my other half's family are joining us, so I am really excited about that. I am just looking forward to a bit of sun (as it hasn't been sunny in England for 345 years...well it seems like it!) and a nice rest. It'll make the down regulating fly by as I'll probably start stims the day I come back.

I think that's about it for now, I am still around, reading from the sidelines, I'll be back in full flow soon to share the ups and downs of 3rd time lucky.

P.S can't believe its 6 months tomorrow since I had a cup of coffee!! oops got that wrong....its not 6 months just yet!

12 comments:

singletracey said...

Hey you! I was getting worried about you and was just about to email you to check in! SOOO glad the wedding plans are falling into place and going well. IVF #3.. Lots of good thoughts sent your way for its success! Big Hugs!

Caro said...

Wow! Well done on the coffee. Good luck for the wedding and ugh about the insensitive colleague.

Kate said...

Good to hear from you! I can;t wait to see the wedding photos! :)

Portia P said...

I'm glad you're around - lurking or otherwise.

It's great to have the wedding to look forward to. We need some good stuff in our lives. I'll bet you look gorgeous on the big day.

I'm hoping to get started on round 4 soon. Depends on what the latest clinic have to say. Maybe we can cycle together.

Lots of love to you and a big hug xxx

ultimatejourney said...

Glad to hear from you! Wow, you've got a lot going on. I can't wait for more details about the wedding.

Sorry about the colleague -- hopefully your email knocked some sense into her.

Sunny Jenny said...

I can't wait to see the wedding pics! I know you'll make a stunning bride! Good luck for IVF #3-- so I am gonna say it - cheesiness be damned! - Third times a charm ;)

Lots of love. XXOO

Rebecca said...

It's that long since I gave up caffeine, too, then!

Have a lovely holiday and omg yes we want to see wedding photos!

JJ said...

Glad to "see" you....I am SO proud of you and staying away from the coffee--you are stronger than me!
Have a lovely break and I am looking forward to wedding stories and pictures=)

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

It's great to see a post from you! So excited about the wedding and your upcoming IVF. May this be the one my love. Hugs.

Tam said...

Glad to see you back, was wondering were you went!! Glad to hear that your wedding plans are going well and hopefully you'll have another project to work on soon!!

Yay, for starting a new cycle, I'm sure that this will be lucky number 3!! You got much better results last time and this time will be even better!!!

The Mama said...

Our little miracles arrived on Tuesday 10/16/07. Both are in Special Care but doing well.
Still thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers!

Kari

Changing Expectations said...

Worried about you. Glad to hear that things are going well. I am very jealous of your upcoming vacation plans.

Your wedding sounds like it is going to be great. Good thoughts are coming your way.