Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Get ahead

Decided to treat myself.....look what I got.......



In case you are not sure what it is...it's a hat. What's so exciting about a hat you say? people buy them all the time.....but no not me. I seem to have been born with the biggest head in the world, when a hat says 'One Size Fits All' it's a breach of trading standards cause it never fits me. In fact, I am going to start a campaign for labels to be changed to say 'One Size Fits All (if you are normal and not called Becks). Every hat I try on, I huff and puff when it just perches on top and I sulk and put it back. But not today, I have a brown corduroy hat and I am so happy!! In fact I was so happy these lovely winter socks jumped in my basket too.

Oh and not even the eye ulcer which has made me look like elephant man can get me down, nor is the fact that I have to reapply for my job due to a restructure.....I've got my hat!!

P.S Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow to all of you from the other side of the pond.

9 comments:

Jen said...

Those socks are amazing! And an eye ulcer? That sounds rather fetching. :)

Carrie said...

I love hats. I buy them but never seem to wear them!
You'll need it today if your weather is anything like as bad as ours :-)

Caro said...

yay for the hat. I have the opposite problem, my big sister calls me pinhead.

Natalie said...

You don't have the biggest head, I do. NO hat that says "one size" ever fits me, same as you, it just perches on my head. The rare few hats I've found, Large or Extra-Large.

Cheers to large noggins:-)

Von said...

I too am from the land of big heads. Mr Von says I look like a nail when I have my riding hat on as that makes the old noggin look even bigger.
The joy of finding a hat which fits. Well done.

Cajun Cutie said...

Love those socks,Are they chenile? sorry bough the eye thing, that has do got to suck.

Portia P said...

Lovely hat!

Sorry about the eye AND the restructure - that's pants timing. Hope It all goes ok.

Let me know if you're down in the next month. I can check out the hat in person!

xx

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Glad you found a hat that works. Enjoy!

Yetty said...

i understand the head-to-hat dilemma. The only time my head fits into regular hats is when I have a crew cut. Love the hat.