Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Rested and ready to go

We're back....we've been to a sunny Spanish island for the last 2 weeks and arrived back to the snow early yesterday morning. In fact, we nearly had to divert as the airport was closed due to the bad weather, but it re-opened just in time for touch down.

We had a great time, I can honestly say we didn't do a lot. Read lots of books, had lots of rest and enjoyed a few vinos during the warm Spanish nights. I had some weird dreams though, I am putting it down to the down reg drugs. I had a really strange one about a lawyer that I work with who worked out that there was a pattern to everything that was growing (trees, plants etc), everything was growing in 3's therefore they knew from previous studies that this meant that the world was going to end. Strange. I accidentally sat at table 3 the next morning then the flight number home had 3's in it....needless to say all is fine and it was just my mind playing tricks on me. Oh, and had another about a horse called Janey that I kept in my house....not as scary but equally weird.

My Other Half's Mum Dad, Sister and Brother in Law joined us for the last 5 days and we had a lot of fun, in fact one night we were a bit tiddly and ended up swapping our tops for t-shirts we were given......in the middle of a restaurant...the things you do when you are on holiday.

Wedding update - the invites went out before we went away and we have come back to a few replies.....exciting. Up to now, everyone has accepted, but we've still a way to go before we get all of them back.

Went to the hospital today for my baseline scan, all is well. There were more antral follicles than last time (6 and now 9), so I know they are not great numbers but we're continuing to go in the right direction. Stims start tomorrow night and retrieval is due on the 5th Dec....only 15 days away if all goes to plan.

Third time lucky? I hope so.

9 comments:

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am glad that you had a good time away. Good luck Becks!!

Erin said...

Your post gave me chills. A wedding, IVF... it's all so exciting! And I'm so glad you had such a nice vacation to kick it all off.

How much fun is it to get those replies!?! I loved that part.

Thinking of you!

JJ said...

Welcome home! Hoping this is 3RD TIME LUCKY!!

Natalie said...

Wow, our dates are goign to be pretty close. I'll start stims this week (don't know date yet). eek!

Good luck:-)

singletracey said...

Becks.. glad your back and glad you enjoyed your Spanish Holiday!!

Cycle BUDDIES!

Carrie said...

I'm glad you had a good time.

I'm cycling close to your dates too. I'm a newbie at this part so I'll be looking for advice :-)

Hoping this is third time lucky for you, for sure.

Portia P said...

Hi my dear

Was wondering how you were - had all been a bit quiet from your end!!

Glad you had a good holiday - v envious of you getting to see the sun!

The wedding plans are sounding exciting. Can't wait to hear more. I so hope this is your cycle my dear. xx

Anonymous said...

I hope the extra antral follicles are just the start of a great cycle!

Tam said...

So glad that you had a great holiday!! Sounds like things are moving along nicely now, wow...starting stimms already.

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, I need some more info on DHEA and still want to ask my doc about it before just taking it. How many times a day do you take it? We are looking at maybe only starting again in March so if I start then I can start in Dec!!

I am truly hoping that this is third time lucky!!!