Thursday, December 06, 2007

Day 1 Fertilisation Report

First of all congrats to Tracey, Chicklet & Amy who also got through the egg collection stress yesterday.

Just got a call from the embryologist, of the 6 that were mature, 6 have fertilised with ICSI. That's 100% again...my Other Half's dodgy love potion has stepped up to the plate yet again.

Now before you all get hyper, here's how things have gone previously:

IVF #1 - 2 eggs ICSI'd - 2 fertilised - 1 surviving embryo on Day 3
IVF #2 - 5 eggs ICSI'd - 5 fertilised - 2 surviving embryos on Day 3

So whilst I am thrilled all 6 have fertilised, and couldn't ask for more, I am realistic enough to know it doesn't mean we are going to be spoilt for choice, but miracles can happen...can't they?



'It must come true, sometime soon somehow'

15 comments:

Carrie said...

I understand your hesitance in celebrating yet BUT it is a great first step!
Fingers crossed for Day 3 xx

ultimatejourney said...

It sounds very promising!

singletracey said...

100% is great news!!! You can't ask for better. Fingers and toes crossed for us both!

Waiting Amy said...

Regardless, the more you start with, hopefully the more around come transfer.

I'm so hopin' for you Becks! I'm biting nails for my report to come any minute!

Yetty said...

miracles must come through. Good luck to you. You had me spending 3 hours yesterday looking for Boney M's version of "when a child is born" but apparently their original christmas album never made it to cd :(

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Sounds great! One step at a time. So excited for your transfer!

Natalie said...

I dont' get my report until later today but I'm preparing like you are. Even good news now could mean elimination and bad news later. Hopeful, good steps, but prepared.

Crossing fingers and toes for you.

Unknown said...

You have 6 good tries there...better than 1,2,3,4,or 5!! I'm crossing my fingers for you :)

Helen said...

6 is good. We like 6.

es said...

Glad to hear that they all fertilized! That's so great! Hoping for more good news.

Unknown said...

Yep it is one step at a time... but congrats on the 100%.... I am wishing you the best of luck for this cycle!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment!

JJ said...

Looking great=) Lots of hope for you--and keep that quote rolling over in your mind!

Jen said...

It sounds like great news! Fingers are crossed!

Erin said...

Such great news! This is definitely six steps in the right direction

Cajun Cutie said...

Wishing you the best, Keeping my fingers crossed.