Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Christmas Songs

We started getting in the Christmas mood this week and put our Christmas CD's in the car stereo. When we arrived at the hospital this morning, one of my favourite songs was playing and I couldn't help but listen to the words. It's by Johnny Mathis and is called 'When a Child is Born'. The optimistic part of me thinks that it's a omen that it was playing just as we arrived at the hospital.

The lyrics are so appropriate:

A ray of hope flickers in the sky
A tiny star lights up way up high
All across the land, dawns a brand new morn
This comes to pass when a child is born

A silent wish sails the seven seas
The winds of change whisper in the trees
And the walls of doubt crumble, tossed and torn
This comes to pass when a child is born

A rosy hue settles all around
You've got the feel you're on solid ground
For a spell or two, no-one seems forlorn
This comes to pass when a child is born

And all of this happens because the world is waiting,
Waiting for one child
Black, white, yellow, no-one knows
But a child that will grow up and turn tears to laughter,
Hate to love, war to peace and everyone to everyone's neighbour
And misery and suffering will be words to be forgotten, forever

It's all a dream, an illusion now
It must come true, sometime soon somehow
All across the land, dawns a brand new morn
This comes to pass when a child is born

----------------------------------

There's a part of the song that I can't get out of my head...it's the line 'It must come true, sometime soon somehow'. Oh I hope so.....for all of us battling down this road.

So, here's the update I know you are waiting for....7 eggs, 6 have been injected, 1 was an empty zona. Fertilisation call tomorrow morning.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

'It must come true, sometime soon somehow'

13 comments:

Waiting Amy said...

Wow, seven for us too! Fert report tomorrow.

Hoping for us all! Hang in there, here comes that tough 2ww.

Unknown said...

Good luck Becks! I hope you get your xmas wish!

Carrie said...

That song is amazing. Fancy it playing on your way to the hospital, surely it's meaningful?! I really hope so.

And six eggs to inject. That's not bad going at all, huh? I really hope this will be the last time you have to go through all this stress.

Keep singing that song all night. It might just help! Hope the fert report call is nice and early and full of good news xxx

Mama Bear said...

I hope the song is a great omen and am hoping for the best this cycle!

thinking if you!

JJ said...

Awesome Becks! Been thinking about you lots!

Jen said...

It will happen! Good luck!

Erin said...

I am thinking six sixy thoughts every six minutes. I think the fert report is going to be sixsational!

Seriously, though, six is great. Can't wait for the report tomorrow.

Hang in there!!!

Dresden said...

crossing fingers for a wonderful fert report!

Shelby said...

6 is great! Sending lots of "fertilizing" thoughts your way. I hope the song was a good omen!

Thinking about you!

Natalie said...

As I just commented to Amy, somehow I got 9. I'm skeptical about the whole thing just cuz it's been so rough and this is actually some good news, but yay for all of us having enough to keep going and stand a chance at this!

Yetty said...

i totally love the Boney M version of that song. Here's to getting some good news on the fertilisation report

Changing Expectations said...

Thinking so much about you Becks! I hope that this cycle is the one.

Mandy said...

That song has never made me cry until today. Amazing how infertility changes the meanings. I am sending many growing embryo thoughts your way.
((hugs))