Monday, December 03, 2007

Nothing else to do

Had my Day 11 scan on Saturday, in which they 'lost' 2 follicles but I just put it down to a different nurse doing the scan. Day 13 scan today in which the mystery 2 turned up, but I am feeling like my initial optimism is disappearing.

There was I after the Day 8 scan thinking I was heading for a bigger crop than the 6 eggs last time but today's measurements have me a little worried me that I might not even make 6 eggs. Here are the stats:

R - 23 x 18

R - 12 x 8
R - 10 X 9
L - 24 x 18
L - 22 x 16
L - 23 x 12
L - 19 x 15
L - 19 x 12
L - 15 x 15
L - 15 x 14
L - 14 x 8
L - 13 x 10
L - 10 x 10
L - 8

You probably know this but they take the average of the 2 figures to get the size, so I am concerned that there will be a batch of them that won't be big enough (I believe 18mm is mature).

Well, there's nothing I can do, I've done my trigger shot and I am in hospital on Wednesday, let's hope I have a nice surprise.

16 comments:

Yetty said...

here's hoping all your wednesday's surprises are good ones

JJ said...

Hoping, hoping, and more hoping for you Becks...

Portia P said...

It looks ok to me my dear.

There always seems to be a spurt close to EC.

Anyway, remember you just need ONE good egg and ONE good embryo! Just focus on getting those.

Fewer eggs get all the more nutrients and good stuff.

Good luck, sweetheart. Thinking of you xxxx

Erin said...

I agree with Portia - there's plenty of time between your trigger and retrieval for some of thos guys to catch up. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!

Mama Bear said...

We're all here with everything crossed hoping for lots of Wednesdays surprises.

thinking of you!

singletracey said...

hey you.. Here is some extra hope I happen to have on hand! Wednesday is the big day for us both... Feet first.. remember!!

xoxox

Natalie said...

I'm with ya sista - trigger tonight and retrieval Wednesday. Good luck good luck good luck!

Mandy said...

Agreed. That trigger seems to give them a boost somehow. Hoping you get a really plump batch to work with.
Our clinic is very conservative, and they only aim to retrieve between 8 and 12 eggs. More than that and you run some risks of OHSS, and also there is a school of thought that says quality over quantity. Still, I understand your concern. Hang in there!

Carrie said...

It's all so difficult, isn't it? The continual worrying. You are right, of course, there is nothing else to do now. I hope the ladies are right (and I'm sure they are) the trigger will give a boost.
May Wednesday bring the very best of news, Becks. I am so rooting for you xx

Tam said...

Oh Becks, I am hoping that the measurements are a bit off and you get a nice surprise on wednesday....did they do bloods for E2...do you know what it was?

Hoping for quality over quantity sweetie...

Hugs xxx

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

My fingers are crossed for you!!! You certainly deserve some good luck for a change!!

XOXO

Jen said...

You deserve a very nice surprise! Best of luck tomorrow!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I hope that Wednesday only brings good news for you.

Unknown said...

Wishing you the best of luck!

Topcat said...

Ohhhhhhh Becks! The BEST of luck to you for Wednesday. I'll be thinking of you!

xoxoxxo

Baby Blues said...

Looks good to me. Best of luck! Keeping my fingers crossed.