Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A glimmer of hope

Mr A's secretary called me about an hour ago. She apologised for it being later than she hoped but had just managed to speak to him.

His advice was that at this stage, there is no benefit in increasing the dosage, it just won't make any difference. My heart sank.

Then came the slightly better news.....she explained to Mr A that I didn't want to have to wait months to try again (depending on periods etc etc). So he has said that if the scan on Friday shows that this treatment need cancelling then I must tell the nurse that he has said I should stay on the down regulating injections but stop stims, then in 2 or 3 weeks, I can start a higher dose of the stims again. Pheww, I had visions of it being August or later before I could go again.

He said that they like people to wait a while before starting again so they can process the loss, which is why I don't have to wait as I will have been stopped before I've really begun.

So I'm telling myself that even if its bad news on Fri then the cycle is just delayed rather than cancelled. In the meantime, I am trying to convince myself that the twinges I have been having since yesterday are the fattest follicles in the world.

9 comments:

ultimatejourney said...

That sounds like the best news you could've hoped for today -- at worst, the cycle is delayed. Now we just have to wait and hope that Friday proves the delay to be unnecessary.

Nicole said...

I don't like people telling me how long I should wait so "I can process the loss." Life need not stop in order for me to grieve. We're trying again ASAP, and I am sure its not going to stunt the grieving process.

Becks said...

I agree Nicole. Its frustrating when we can't make decisions for ourselves.

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

A delay is SO much better than a cancellation. At least you have that to hold on to. Having to wait a few months is a lifetime when you live in IF hell. Every day counts!

Fingers crossed about those twinges.

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am with Nicole too. If you need the time to process the loss then fine, but that should be up to you and not them. I hope that you have some nice fat follies on Friday too!! xx

Sunny Jenny said...

Way to think posititve! I hope those twinges are some massive ovaraies! Good Luck!

Unknown said...

I'm really hoping Friday turns out to be a good day for you Becks.

Anonymous said...

A delay isn't really bad at all. I am glad that there is a decent compromise to this whole situation. I hope you won't need it though.

JJ said...

Well I know its not THE best news, but its not the worst--it is nice to think of it as a delay-and you will hopefully get more of an idea about what meds and dosage will work to get those follies goin!