Thursday, May 17, 2007

Wide eyed and eggless


I'm back.

A bit weary and tender but alive and kicking. I've spent most of today dozing on the sofa, catching up with Desperate Housewives......beats work any day.

Well, he got 4 eggs....not a massive haul, but then again I was expecting zilch. My worst case scenario was that he got nothing and told me I would never have children and my best case scenario was that he would miraculously get 20 eggs, but I knew that was asking a bit too much. So I'll take 4 thank you very much.

I am not too sure of the quality, but Mr A's secretary called me about an hour ago to see how I was (bless her) and said she had already text and emailed him to ask how it went. When/if she hears from him she'll let me know if he gives her any inside information.

They will call me before 11 a.m.tomorrow and let me know the fertilisation report....my tummy does somersaults at the thought of 'the call'. I just want one....please, just one will do.

So tonight I am going to glue myself to the sofa and watch more trashy tv to keep me occupied.

Catch up with you tomorrow.

P.S When I woke up from the anaesthetic, I was rambling on about 4 empty vial bottles I needed to get rid of in my bag....what a lie...I haven't got a single one!

19 comments:

ultimatejourney said...

Congrats on the 4 eggs! I'm glad you're relaxing and enjoying some trashy TV. You deserve a day to yourself. Big hugs and best wishes for a great report tomorrow.

es said...

Yay! Best of luck!

I remember also talking nonsense after I woke up from the anesthesia- I think it was while they were transporting me- but I don't really remember what I said. I think it's better that way.

Carrie said...

Wow. I'm nervous for you, I'm getting butterflies over the call too and I'm not even getting it!
Four is good. I'm going to push a little and hope three (or more) fertilise but, if it's not too great a cliche...it only takes one. Sorry, but it is true.
Will be refreshing furiously tomorrow.
All the very best Becks. I'm rooting.

singletracey said...

4 eggs.... YIPPPEEE. Trash TV is the best when recovering :-)

I will think good fertilization thoughts for the eggies. Big Giant Hugs for you my friend!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Fingers crossed that you get an excellent fertilization report tomorrow!

JJ said...

Glad you are home resting! I am sending you so much HOPE! 4 is great--any number is great! Cant wait to hear from you tomorrow..get some good rest!

Jackie said...

Becks: I hope you get a great fertilization report. I've got fingers and toes crossed for you!

Kate said...

Hope and Good Thoughts are coming your way. Congrats on your 4 eggs!

Laura, the (reluctant) baroness said...

Congrats on your 4 eggs! It's funny you were talking about 4 vials when you woke up. You must have heard them talking about the number of eggs.

Hang in there tonight. I'm sure the anticipation for that call tomorrow is hard. Can't wait to hear the news!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your retrieval! Four eggs is great. Will be looking for your fert report tomorrow. btw... try the trashy day time judge shows... very mindless!

Sarah said...

you can rest up and hope for just one, i personally am going to get busy hoping for all four to fertilize!!

take care.

stickybun07 said...

Wow--what a couple of days you've had! Enjoy the trashy tv and the r&r--you deserve it! And good luck tomorrow--I'm hoping for great news from the fertilization report!

JW said...

Hooray on the fabulous 4!!! And good luck for the call. I hope all four fertilize beautifully. Have a nice rest! x

Sunny Jenny said...

That's awesome! Can't wait to hear the fert. report!

Unknown said...

Thats wonderful news Becks! I'm rooting for you :)

Rachel said...

The best of luck with the 4! I hope one of them is happy and healthy. And at least you didn't puke in someone's yard like I did! :)

This is the hardest part -- the waiting. Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I am crossing my fingers right along with you, Becks!

Tam said...

Glad that they got some eggs sweetie, 4 is my lucky number by the way so I'm praying that it brings you some luck!! Thinking of you and can't wait to hear that they all fertalised!!

Portia P said...

Well done you! I got 4 both times!

It's all about quality and i'm sure if you've fewer eggs to nourish then they must be better quality than if your body was nourishing 20.

I love to watch cookery programmes when i'm on the sofa or catch up on my Sky plus list.

Good luck for tomorrow xx