Thursday, June 07, 2007

Excited


Guess what I did today? I went to try on some wedding dresses!!

I was so nervous as I've never done this before. I decided to go on my own, as my sister is coming to stay at the weekend and we are going to look again and also look for her bridesmaid dress. So two dresses in one day = stress to me, so I decided to have an early peek myself.

So I tried 4 on and fell in love with one of them. It brought tears to my eyes and started to make me really look forward to the big day. Last week I didn't feel the excitement I should have felt about progressing the wedding plans as I knew we were carrying on with things due to getting a negative result.

But having tried a fantastic dress on I feel excited about things again. I am marrying the love of my life and I can't wait. I guess I just got a little distracted with other things for a while.
P.S The photo is not of me!!

13 comments:

Kate said...

How fun! Baby showers I can do without, but I LOVE weddings!

JJ said...

Ooo how exciting!!! Glad you found some purty dresses! And of course that's not you in the picture--you are much prettier=)

ultimatejourney said...

What a beautiful dress! I'm glad it made you excited for the big day -- you deserve to look forward to such a special occasion. Let us know if you decide to buy that one!

Carrie said...

I'm so so pleased you're managing to be excited about other things again.

Wedding dress shopping is like no other. They say you always know when you find the right one.

Your post has reminded me that I need to focus on all the good things that are in my life. IF sort of takes over, but it isn't all I have.

TeamWinks said...

Yay! That does sound fabulous and exciting!

Anonymous said...

I hope we will get to see a picture you you in your wedding dress. . .

Unknown said...

HOW FUN!!! Hopefully all of your wedding tasks are as fun as this! Like Cake Tasting! :)

Mama Bear said...

I LOVE that dress! It's absolutely gorgeous and I'm so glad that you're getting excited about the wedding. Good luck shopping this weekend!

Sarah said...

is that THE dress in the pic? it's lovely! so glad you're letting yourself enjoy this!

Von said...

How exciting. Love weddings. Love wedding dresses. What a wonderful feeling when you find the right one.
Sooooo exciting. Congratulations.

I found my perfect dress fairly quickly but still tried on a heap of other just for the fun of it. Great fun. Have a ball with it.......

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

How exciting! That dress is gorgeous!

Tam said...

Good luck sweetie, it's good to have a distraction! My wedding was the best day (so far) of my life...would do it over 10 times!

You're sounding better and that's really good news :)

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

I think it is fantastic that you have something as involved as a wedding to cheer you up!!!

And the dress is gorgeous!!