Monday, June 11, 2007

Girlie shopping

My sister, brother in law and nephew came to stay at the weekend. On Saturday, me and my sister left the boys to it and went off for a day of wedding dress shopping.

Before we went shopping together I had got my favourites down to 3 so it would make my final decision easier. I put on the 1st dress then walked out to where my sister was waiting......she cried when she saw me, which made me cry too.......I just do not know how I will get down the aisle in the church without dissolving into a puddle of tears. After a few hours of trying and re-trying, I made my decision and we also chose her bridesmaid dress too...not bad for one days shopping.

I am itching to describe the dress to you but my Other Half will read this, so I will just have to promise to post the pictures of the big day.

We had such a great time trying on lots of beautiful dresses and being so well looked after in the bridal shops, its a pity us girls can't do it all the time. I even tried on a fantastic 'fairy' type dress just for fun, it was so Sex and the City!

Disaster happened today, when I found out the dress was discontinued!! The tears flowed again, but not tears of joy. To cut a long story short, they urgently contacted the manufacturer and found me one in a size bigger than I am so they can now get it altered to my size......pheww!

Other news, I got my blood test results today for my thyroid levels. Mr A had previously said I shouldn't try another cycle till my levels were stabilised. The good news is they came back normal so I must be on the right dosage of thyroxine now, which means we can plough on with try number 2 next month.....happy days.

15 comments:

Leah said...

Good news all around -- a dress that you love, good thyroid numbers. Congratulations! Glad you were able to locate a dress from the manufacturer, way to take charge.

Can't wait to see the beautiful pictures of your wedding day...

Shelby said...

Phew! I'm so glad they were able to get the dress for you!! I can't wait to see pics!

JJ said...

Thats GREAT news about the thyroid! And happy about the dress! Happy happy happy=)

Carrie said...

Sounds like my dream weekend. Shopping, and for something so fabulous.

Thank goodness about the dress. It would have been terrible to have to choose another. You'd always be wondering.

Glad your thyroid levels will allow you to move on. Hanging around is the worst.

ultimatejourney said...

I can't believe they let you try on a dress that was discontinued! Don't they know what a disaster that could've been? Thank goodness it all worked out!

I'm so glad everything is in good shape with your thyroid. Next month will be here before you know it. I'm so excited for you! With any luck, you'll need the extra room in the dress by the time the wedding comes around.

Kate said...

Whew! I'm glad they found the dress you wanted! Congrats on your thyroid :)

Sarah said...

congrats on the thyroid levels and the perfect dress! your line about pity we can't do this all the time got me thinking maybe it is time to pretend to be engaged again and plan a fun day of fake bridal shopping with my girlfriends!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am so glad that they were able to get the dress for you, and so exciting that you will be cycling soon!

TeamWinks said...

Congrats on the thyroid news and the dress!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you solved the dress situation!

I hope the thyroid levels come back nice and stabilized.

Gemini Girl said...

Your wedding dress situation sounds like mine!

I had finally found the dress of my dreams (2 years ago befor emy wedding) but found out that it was discontinued!. They had one left in my size, but then I lost 2 dress sizes in weight. They altered my dress and it fit like a glove!
Cant wait to see the pictures!

One View said...

How exciting. I didn't know you were planning a wedding for yourself. I love wedding dress shopping. Glad you found the dressed you loved and were able to get it.. :) :) I too can't wait to see pics.. :) :)

Congrats on your thyroid levels being normal.. :) :) Hopefully this is a start to lots and lots of happy news coming your way.. :)

Mama Bear said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you had fun dress shopping--and that you found (and were able to track down) THE dress. Can't wait to see pictures!

Also glad to hear the hormone levels look good. Good news all around. :-)

singletracey said...

HELLO! Just thinking of you and wanted to shoot you a quick hello! I have returned to blogland to support my sisters while I continue my break.. not that I could cycle up right now because my body is still wacked.. you know what I mean ;-)

Glad the dress worked out and I cant wait to see a picture of you in it!!

Laura, the (reluctant) baroness said...

Oh, wedding dress shopping is so much fun. Glad you found the dress. I'm also happy your thyroid levels were reassuring. Things are just moving along nicely!