Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Back with a bump (but not in that way!)

Hi all, back from my globe trotting.

We had a great time in St Petersburg, it really is a beautiful city and we didn't have enough time to see it all, but the time we had was excellent. I got to see some of the amazing churches, cathedrals and the highlight was dinner in one of the royal palaces, followed by a private ballet performance and then a trip on the river. I may not see my Other Half much during the week at home but his job certainly does bring it's perks.

Here's a few pictures:



We got back from St Petersburg on Thursday 19th and then flew out to Crete, Greece on Fri 20th, well we nearly didn't make it as we had flash floods and the village where we live was nearly cut off, so I was so relieved to get to the airport and even a 2 hr flight delay didn't 'dampen' my spirits. We had a lovely rest, spent a lot of time reading and sleeping, but we made time to see a few sights........


Now, I'm not an overly religious person but the church that you see on the photo had just finished a service as we were passing, so we thought we would have a look inside. It was beautiful and we were the only 2 people in there which was even better as it was night time. There was one candle lit near the door, so we decided to make a contribution and light our own candle. I dedicated it to you all out there on your infertile journeys, and that I hope everyone finds happiness soon.

So what else? In amongst all of the travelling I have started down regulating. Can you believe I am now on day 9 of injections? I go for my first scan next week and if all is well I start stimulating injections...wow, it goes quickly when you're occupied. Oh, and my DHEA arrived, so I am taking that 3 times a day.

I am so far behind on catching up with everyone, so forgive me me if I take a while to get up to speed. I hope I find lots of good news out there.

12 comments:

Caro said...

Great pics! There is quite a lot of good news about by the way (not for me - yet).

Kate said...

Welcome back and I love the pics!!

underdog said...

oh wow! We are very close in IVF schedule. I go in for my suppression check Thursday and if no cysts this time, i begin stims on Saturday. Cheers! Lovely photos! RaJen
www.rajencreation.wordpress.com

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

I am not religious, either - in fact, I have been told that I am anti-religious. But some of those churches that we saw in Greece were simply amazing. I was shocked to learn that there are so many small churches around because the Orthodox believe that they are the best "thank you" to an answered prayer. If I ever get pregnant and give birth to a healthy baby, perhaps I should consider doing the same! :-)

Really glad that you had a fantastic trip and that time is flying by for you.

ultimatejourney said...

The pictures are incredible! It must've been an amazing trip.

How exciting that you're already into your cycle! Good luck, and you know I'll be thinking of you.

Mony said...

Awesome, awesome pics. Thanks for sharing. Sigh. I wanna go!

One View said...

Welcome back.. :) Sounds like you had an amazing trip (very jealous!!) Good luck with everything...! I know I can't believe we are all starting a cycle. Time has flown by for me as well.

Mama Bear said...

Welcome back! It looks like you had a wonderful trip! (Such beautiful pictures--thanks for sharing!)

Crazy that you started downregulating already--I'm glad that you had some fun and relaxing activities leading up to this cycle--and I hope that and the DHEA does the trick. :-)

And, thank you so much for your well wishes! It really meant the world to me and I'm hoping to be able to reciprocate in just a few weeks.

thinking of you...

Von said...

Welcome back. Lovely to hear you had a nice time away.
Hope to get to St. P. in the next few years. It's an itch I've wanted to scratch for a while.
Will be here to provide background/backup support shoud it be needed in the next few weeks...............

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Thanks for visiting my blog :) Looks like our cycles are almost in sync and we really will be cyclesistas. Best of luck with your scan!

Changing Expectations said...

Beautiful pictures! Hoping for a BFP for this cycle!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!