Saturday, August 04, 2007

Late night antics

I have a few rituals with my cat, Millie, one of which is the bedtime routine.

She will hear the tv being turned off and will come bounding down the stairs to remind me that I need to get her bedtime treat......3 biscuits. We then go upstairs, she always has to beat me, she jumps on our bed and meows for her treats.

So there we were last night, you know how it goes....tv went off, she came in, I got the biscuits, and off we went. She was on the bed before I knew it and was pawing my hand eagerly. I reached in my pocket for the treats and she greedily snatched the first one.

She always gobbles them down, seeming never to take a breath, but last night she took the first one and jumped off the bed, to eat it at a slower pace. I looked down at her, wondering what she was doing and at the same time I looked down in my hand to see, in the dim light of the room, I still had 3 treats!!!

So guess what I had given my gorgeous cat as a bedtime treat?.......the plastic cap that you take off the down reg drugs when you open the bottle!

See.....IVF touches all members of the family!!


P.S she wasn't impressed!

16 comments:

Kate said...

That is so funny!

Anonymous said...

I think she should have gotten an extra treat for that!

Changing Expectations said...

How cute! It does affect the entire family!

Unknown said...

Oh no! Did she eat it?! Well it could have been much worse. It could have actually been a pill of some sort!! :)

Von said...

No doubt some looks of disgust followed soon afterwards.

Sarah said...

hahaha, that's funny!

ultimatejourney said...

Too funny! Way to take one for the team, kitty!

underdog said...

oh, Becks, that is hilarious! I was organizing bottles of Repronex last night to see if I would need to order more and I thought how fun those safety caps would be for a cat! RaJen

Topcat said...

That is SO HILARIOUS!!

xo

Mony said...

Ha!
Very funny.

Portia P said...

Poor pussy cat! Glad she didn't eat the lid - could have been a disaster!

Would love to meet up when you're next in London - let me know when you're about

xx

Mama Bear said...

That was so funny!

Schatzi said...

Poor kitty. She was probably wondering what she had done to deserve that! hehehehe

Alexa said...

That is hilarious. I have such a time keeping my three cats away when I am doing my injections.
We are on about the same schedule you and I (tentative er 8/23). I will be following along, hoping for good news...

One View said...

Cute story.. :) :) Glad it was just the cap and not an actual drug. I heard a story on my old IF board where their dog ate a bunch of progesterone tablets.

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Lucky cat! ROFL.