Sunday, July 01, 2007

DHEA x 2

Guess what? The man, he said "Yes"!!

Mr A's secretary spoke to him and he does think that its worth me trying DHEA. He said I could go to see him and he would prescribe it for me or if I wanted to save some money to get it off the internet. Just for info he said I should have 25mg 3 times a day.

Well, I didn't want to spend £110 for the time it took him to write me a prescription and I actually felt a bit strange about getting it off the internet so his secretary persuaded him to just write the prescription without seeing me! It is unlicenced here so I need to sign a disclaimer but she asked him to do it without the disclaimer so I could have it before he went away on holiday.

And then she even came round to my house to drop the prescription off! We've spoken and text so much in the last month or so and it was so nice to finally meet her. I've really made a good friend there, so all this IVF stuff isn't all bad.

No idea if DHEA will make a difference, but if I start sprouting hairs on the palms of my hands I'll let you all know!!

Other updates - We went out with my friend J last night and her other half. J is my friend who's baby was diagnosed as having downs syndrome the day I got my negative. She's being doing so well and we have seen each other tons and spoke nearly every day but it was so nice to spend time with them as a couple. They are doing so well considering the trauma they've been through and she's getting back to her old self, even talking about trying for another baby. I am so proud of how she dealt with this and I hope they have happy days ahead.

The biggest news? It's CD1.....my period started today!!! So day 21 I will start down regulating. We will be away in Greece but I'm fine about that, I was more worried about taking my drugs to Russia (the trips are very close together) but we're back from there on day 19....pheww.

So back to DHEA, and I actually think it stands for:


Darling Hubby to be Ere we go Again.....

11 comments:

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Great news! I so hope that this cycle is it for you!

Carrie said...

That's such a nice thing for your clinic to do.

Now I know the dosage I may do a little surfing and perhaps try myself. I'll leave it until after this cycle though.

Glasd your dates are good to fit round your plans. It'll fly by I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

I am going to talk to my RE about DHEA this week.

I have heard good things about it.

ultimatejourney said...

Oh Becks, this is all so exciting! And so many trips too -- I'm jealous :)

Mama Bear said...

That's great! I hope this does the trick this cycle!

Unknown said...

Wow lots and lots of traveling for you; sounds fun!

JJ said...

Oh boy! Time to start!=) Good luck my friend!!

Kate said...

That's ggod news all around! I'm also glad to hear that your friend is doing ok.

Topcat said...

Have a tops time in Greece
Becks - and go DHEA! Woot woot! xoxo

Schatzi said...

Fantastic news! Sounds like everthing fell right into place, and that secretary sounds like quite a good contact to have!

Enjoy your travels!

One View said...

That's great that your Dr. has agreed to the DHEA drug and I hope it helps you out for your next cycle (hopefully you won't need it though). OH my gosh you are going to Greece.. its my absolute favorite place in the world. I'm so jealous..!! Good luck with this next cycle. Enjoy your trips.. :) :) Looks like we'll be cycling around the same time.. :)