Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Let's go round again

I went to the hospital today to pick up my drugs for round 2. Whilst I was there we booked in the dates for the scans so for the record (again) here's the plan:
  • 21st July - start down regulating
  • 8th August - start stims
  • 15th August - day 8 scan
  • 19th August - day 12 scan
  • 21st August - possible egg collection
  • 24th August - possible transfer? (TBC)

If all goes to plan it will be 34 days beginning to end. My first go was 52 days, due to my extended down reg (consultant was abroad) and then I had to stimulate longer than normal. So this time will feel much better, I hope!

As for the DHEA.....let's just say the scarlet pimpernel is easier to find. The pharmacy at the hospital cannot find out where to get it from, and neither does the fertility clinic, so I need to wait till Mr A is back from overseas to find out where the heck I get it from. In the meantime I exchanged a few emails with Portia today and between us we worked out which internet site sells the proper stuff. So just to cover my back I have ordered some on-line today. If any of you are interested in knowing where I ordered it from click here.

So I think that's all for now, we are off to London on Friday till Monday. We are taking my nephew as a 9th birthday present. We are planning on going to the Tower of London, London Dungeon, London Eye and an open top bus tour to see all the sights, but no word of a lie it has rained solidly in England for about 3 weeks, so maybe we'll sit on the bottom deck!


18 comments:

Carrie said...

That sounds like a grand plan. And in such a short time. It's amazing to thinkhow quickly it can all come together after the initial part is done.

I can't tell you how much I am hoping for you. You had a hard time last time and I really hope this one will go smoothly and finish well. Really well.

Have a great time in London. I love all that tourist stuff. I could do it every time I visit! Let's pray the rain finally clears up.

Mama Bear said...

Sounds like a great plan! I hope the DHEA really helps this time and that you have lots of eggs at retrieval! Wishing you the best this cycle!

Also--thanks so much for your comment. I know I'm freaking out a bit, and it really means a lot to have you checking in because I know you can really understand.

Have a great time in London! I hope it's all rained out by the time you get there and you get better weather!

JJ said...

Yay for a plan!!
Have a wonderful, relaxing trip!

Leah said...

Have a great time in London, sounds like fun!

Glad that your cycle this time will be shorter. No need to drag this stuff out!!

I just bought some DHEA today and will begin taking it. I asked Dr. Chat about it during our consult and he sort of poo-pooed it, but I'm game for doing ANYTHING that might help. If you have any trouble getting it, let me now. I would be more than happy to send you some (I'll just lie and tell the post office that it's chocolate chip cookies). I got a bottle of 100 capsules (25mg each) for US$8.99.

One View said...

Wow your dates are so simliar to my cycle.. down regulating starts on 7/20 for us.

Have a good time in London... ) :)

Kate said...

What a great plan! I hope it all goes really well.

JW said...

Hi Becks!!! Just wanted to wish you the best of luck for this new cycle, glad you have a new POA. Let this be the one. Enjoy the tourist trip to London, its a wonderful city, I miss it! x

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a good plan - I'm wishing and hoping for the very best for you :)

ultimatejourney said...

This sounds like a great plan. I have so much hope for you!

Have a wonderful trip to London!

Tam said...

That sounds wonderfull, yay on the shorter cycle!! Good luck, before you know it you'll be in your 2ww!!

Topcat said...

Hope your trip went well - and you managed to get on the top deck of the bus for some of it!

Wow - you got your protocol, you're all set! :)

Changing Expectations said...

Sounds great! I am hoping so much for you. Have a great time in London.

Von said...

Best of luck. Will be following you all the way.

underdog said...

I will be right in front of you (if I don't have cysts this time). My anticipated retrieval date is approx Aug 13. www.rajencreation.wordpress.com

Laura, the (reluctant) baroness said...

Sorry I'm late checking in here. . . Sounds like a great plan, and I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully the 34 days will be much easier than the 52!

Erin said...

Do you still need wedding readings? I just found my program and could you mine. Both are beautiful (if you ask me) and non-religious. Just let me know...

Sarah said...

best of luck with the new cycle! and bon voyage!!

Chastity said...

Good luck!!!!

BTW, the blog this comment will link to is not my IF blog...if you want to see that it's http://sugarandice.wordpress.com The password is "frozen".