Monday, August 13, 2007

Apprehension

Things I am unlikely to hear at my first stim scan on Wednesday:

  • Blimey......I think you are overstimulating!
  • Wow, you have twice as many follicles as last time
  • You're looking like you'll get 10 eggs instead of the measly 4 you got on IVF#1
  • Fantastic, you are right on track, see you on Sunday for your day 12 scan

I am not feeling much in the way of ovary response to the drugs, I think it was day 8 last time when I felt the first twinge (today is day 6). I have felt little twinges but they have been so slight that it really could just be my mind playing tricks on me.

I am dreading the scan. I keep looking at my work diary and wondering if I will be an absolute mess when I have meetings on Thursday and Friday. I think about the weekend and wonder if I will be happy or not. It's my Other Half's birthday on Friday, and I would love us to be really pleased with the way things are going.

I just want to have a better response than last time. I would just be so pleased with 2 embryos to transfer....make a wish for me.

22 comments:

Caro said...

Consider it done.

*wishes hard*

Nica said...

wish made. Good luck

ultimatejourney said...

It's my birthday on Wednesday, and one of my birthday wishes is a happy report from your first scan.

JJ said...

You have all my wishes--you are in my thoughts--and I am sending coaching words and vibes to your ovaries!!

Rachel said...

I know what it downer it is to be a poor responder. I hope this protocol goes better for you. Good luck, and I am hoping for you.

Leah said...

I have made a wish for you. Many wishes, in fact. I sincerely hope you hear wonderful, encouraging news on Wednesday and that your follies fully cooperate!

Von said...

Not only did I make a wish for you I also picked a card from my Doreen Virtue Angel cards for you.
It said:

Angel Therapy
Archangel Raphael;"Give your cares and worries to us angels, and allow us to take your burdens"

Additional message in book for cards says:

"Have you asked us angels for help with your situation? We can only help if you give us permission. Close your eyes, take a deep cleansing breath. Mentally call upon the angels to help you. Be open to receiving help as it comes to you. The help might be a hunch, idea, intuition or direct intervention. If you receive repetitive guidance, it's important you follow it."

Erin said...

Consider it wished!

I will definitely be thinking good thoughts for you!!

xoxo

Schatzi said...

Fingers are crossed and I am sending you good wishes for Wednesday:-)

Gemini Girl said...

you are in my thoughts and prayers..... keep positive... We are all rooting for you!

Changing Expectations said...

I am wishing! I hope that you hear great news on your next scan.

Sarah said...

i am definitely wishing for you. GROW follies, GROW!!!

Anonymous said...

I will not only wish for 2 to transfer, but one or two to freeze. Gotta wish big!!

Topcat said...

Thinking of you on Wednesday. I hope you happily get to celebrate your partners birthday on the weekend!

Mama Bear said...

Wishing for great things for you! Come on, ovaries!!

Unknown said...

I'm wishing hard for you Becks :)

underdog said...

wished for! RaJen
www.rajencreation.wordpress.com

Sunny Jenny said...

Hoping you have good news!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am wishing for you!

Carrie said...

I hope everything is great tomorrow. Thinking of you.

Mony said...

You got it.
Wishing...wishing...

One View said...

I'll definitely wish for more than two for you. Hang in there and wishing you good news at your scan. Hugs to you.