Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Smiling

Thanks for all the wishes you made...they worked.....I am on track!!!!

Last time, on my Day 8 scan, I had 5 tiny follicles that couldn't be measured. This time, I've got the following:

R - 11 x 8
R - 13 x 8
R - 6
R - 7
L - 9 x 8
L - 11 x 9
L - 11 x 9
L - 12 x 11
L - 11 x 10
L - 5
L - 7

I guess the smaller one's may not get to the right size, but 7 measurable one's is a much better response than last time. My lining is 5mm, which they measure in half measures so at 10mm it is good (so nurse Gill told me).

I am so relieved, I know this may not mean it will work but to improve gives me hope for the future. I go back for my Day 12 scan on Sunday and if all is on track I will trigger Sunday for collection on Tuesday.

So this time, no 15 days of stims, no tears after Day 8, no more expensive drugs to buy to get me through extra days, no more extra acupuncture to pay for. Happy...that's me.

Oh, just want to say Happy Birthday to Ultimate Journey....your next one will be as a Mum!!

20 comments:

Sunny Jenny said...

Very good news! I am glad to hear you're developing well! I am right behind you!

ultimatejourney said...

Yay, yay, yay!!!!! I'm so happy to hear that things are looking so much better this time. I'm sure a shorter stim period will be much easier on you (and your wallet), and while I'm not an RE I'd speculate that it bodes well for the quality of the eggs too. I can't wait to see what Sunday brings.

Carrie said...

Great to hear the good news. Like you say, no matter what, it's hope for the future. A second round like last time would have been tough. So pleased it's better.

JJ said...

Oh this is just fantastic!!!! I bet you are on cloud nine! So so happy for you hun!

Jen said...

Fabulous! It looks like you are doing so wonderful!

Unknown said...

Becks, thats wonderful news!! Crossing my fingers for you! :)

Erin said...

Such great news!!! So glad to hear it.

Gemini Girl said...

Yeahy!!!!!!!

I remember that stage when we were hoping that my right partial ovary was functioning. It turns out it doesnt (and is just there for show). But surprisingly enough my left ovary compinsated and they removed 20 eggs! You will be surprised what your body can do.

Shelby said...

Fantastic!! My fingers are crossed for you!!

Schatzi said...

Fantastic news! I am so glad to hear things are moving along much better than last time.

underdog said...

becks, what wonderful news!!!! RaJen
www.rajencreation.wordpress.com

Von said...

Well well done. That is great news.

Topcat said...

That's so great to hear! Hope it's all smooth sailing now :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Becks!

singletracey said...

AWESOME NEWS!!! I have been lurking the past weeks, but today the clouds have parted and I feel good about stopping in and leaving proof that I am still here.. Praying for you....

Leah said...

Go follies go!!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

That is wonderful wonderful news!

Mama Bear said...

HOORAY! That's such fantastic news!! I'm so, so happy that things are progressing so well! :-)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on so many. I hope my scans will go as well.

Tam said...

That is such wonderful news sweetie, I am praying that the smaller ones grow quickly and that you get some nice eggs outa this batch!!

Can't wait!!