Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Over the first hurdle

It was my baseline scan today. I had nurse 'Whirlwind Gill' again but for a change she had lots of time to talk to me. We talked about my failed first cycle and what might be different this time.....fingers crossed.

Anyway the scan was fine. My lining was thin and my ovaries were fine. She said that the clinic was starting to look at antral follicle counts and she said she could see them on each ovary, I am a bit naive in this area so I didn't ask her how many. Plus she suggested that it new to them so I didn't push it.

So tonight I start stims...maximum dose of Menopur....whaheyy, go big guns! Day 8 scan next Wednesday, which makes my stomach turn at the thought of it. The day 8 scan was where it went horribly wrong last time. My poor response could have been a one-off but if it repeats again we have ourselves a pattern girls, which is not good news for my long term chance of having a baby, so lets just say I am hoping things will be much better this time.

Tomorrow is my second acupuncture appointment. The first one went really well and I walked out of the place feeling like I was walking on air. Tomorrow she is going to try to make my lazy ovaries behave and do some hard work for a change.

Wish me luck!!

18 comments:

Leah said...

Good luck! I have all my fingers and toes crossed that things go very, very smooooothly this cycle.

Rachel said...

The best of luck to you! My fingers are crossed and I hope it goes well.

underdog said...

oh becks, i'm so glad you are doing acupuncture. I think it has really helped me in terms of ovaries, follicles, luteal phase and general cycle patterns. I wish you the best on your scan! RaJen

ultimatejourney said...

Wishing you all the best! Come on ovaries, we want to see lots of follies developing at just the right pace.

Schatzi said...

Wooohoooo! Go max dose Menopur:).
Fingers crossed!

Kate said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!

Changing Expectations said...

Good luck! I also am crossing fingers and toes!

Topcat said...

Oh, good luck!! Go the big guns Menopur!! I really hope things are nice and cruisy for you :)

Mama Bear said...

Wishing you so much luck for this cycle! I hope that the acupuncture, the DHEA and the meds all work together to make things happen! I'll be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed!

Anonymous said...

I hope your ovaries behave this cycle!

Unknown said...

Have fun at acupuncture Becks!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Good luck Becks! I hope that this cycle goes much more smoothly than the last one. Hugs.

Carrie said...

I hope the combination of acupuncture and lots of Menopur is all it takes.
My fingers are crossed for you.

JJ said...

Wishing you SO much luck....this is IT for you!

Jen said...

Wishing you lots of luck! I supposedly start Menopur next week. At least, I hope so or I have very expensive condiment sitting in my fridge!

Best of luck to you! Go follicles go!

Sunny Jenny said...

Good luck to you! I started stims tonight! (7/9)! :)

Alexa said...

Congratulations on being cleared for takeoff! I adore acupuncture, it really relaxes me--so much so that sometimes I think I should have someone else drive me home...

One View said...

Just wanted to wish you luck and I hope you get lots of follice growth this time.. Go ovaries go!!! Glad you are doing acupuncture as well. I've started going to one as well.